2016 WALKING FESTIVAL
Weekend of 2nd / 3rd / 4th September
Put the date in your diary so you don’t miss out.
The 2016 programme will be here by the end of May and bookings will open on 1st July.
Other events in Bradford on Avon on the Walking Festival weekend
Annual Flower Show
Sunday 4th September
2-4pm St Margaret’s Hall BA15 1DE
If you grow it, show it! Free to enter, free to visit.
The Cycling Festival will take place the following weekend – 10th & 11th September.
Don’t miss out!! Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get all the latest news.
Newsletters come out in the first week of each month.
Easy – a mainly level, comfortably paced shorter walk (up to about 2 miles) with no stiles.
Moderate – a longer, more challenging walk (up to about 7 miles), faster pace, with steps, steeper gradients and stiles.
Demanding - longer and more demanding than moderate, faster pace, requiring greater stamina; possibly more, steeper gradients. We would expect participants to be able to keep up with the pace set by the leader.
Terms and conditions
- Walk duration times are a guide and walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
- Walk leaders are in charge at all times. Their decision on participation is final and they may need to change a route due to local conditions or to adapt to changing circumstances.
- We welcome people with assistance dogs. Otherwise we have a ‘no dogs’ policy.
- Vulnerable people and U16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information about each walk is correct and we reserve the right to make changes to or cancel walks should unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
Helping you to get the most from your walks
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your own personal safety. Our leaders will have risk assessed every walk and will make you aware of any potential hazards at the start of the walk.
- Please make sure you have the ability and stamina to complete a walk based on the information we have provided.
All bookings should be made through “Holidays and Cruises For You”, 10 Silver Street, Bradford on Avon BA15 1JY (opposite “The Bear” pub) either in person or by phoning 01225 865725. There is a small admin. charge for all card payments. Booking fees are non-refundable.
Walk costs: £adult / £child
If no child cost is shown then the walk is not suitable for children.
Unless otherwise stated, all walks start from the War Memorial, in Westbury Gardens by the Town Bridge BA15 1DE. The map below shows its location – red dot in the centre.
2015 WALKING FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
Walk costs: £adult / £child. If no child cost is shown then the walk is not suitable for children.