Walking Festival

 

“Water, Wool and Wheels”, is the theme for our 2014 Walking Festival.  The programme is looking good with walks from 1.5 miles to 10.5 miles long, including some old favourites and brand new routes, including the ’2 Tunnels’ in Bath and ‘Quirky Corners of BoA’.

Weekend of 5/6/7 September, details out by Easter.

The weekend will be a busy one, coinciding with the Annual Moulton Bicycle Weekend and the Woolley Music Festival, so, if you are coming from outside Wiltshire and will be looking for accommodation you would be wise not to leave it too late.

_____________________________________________

The 2013 Walking Festival was a great success.

2013 Festival. 2 Valleys Walk - a well earned rest at Iford.

The total number of walkers was 111. This was an increase of 32% on the 2012 Festival, our first one, and was a particularly impressive performance given that there were actually fewer walks this year than 2012.

39% (31) of walkers came from a Bradford on Avon postcode. Of the remaining 61%, some 21 individuals came from outside Wiltshire. The break-down of this group shows – Bath (13), 2 each from Bristol, Lancashire and Norfolk and one each from Cornwall and Frome.

The break-down of walkers from Wiltshire, but outside BoA, shows 11 from Westbury/Warminster , six from Trowbridge, two each from Swindon, Salisbury, Devizes and Corsham and one each from Chippenham and Melksham.

You can view the 2013 Festival leaflet here:
2013 Festival leaflet (inside page) WAW 2013 leaflet (outside page)  and the full 2013 programme can be seen below.

Listen to Mike Scott’s song ‘Walkers’ written especially for Bradford on Avon’s first walking festival in 2012. Available on his album, S’Know What
Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get all the latest news.