2018 WALKING FESTIVAL
weekend of 31 August, 1 & 2 September
SAVE THE DATES!!!
Other events in Bradford on Avon on the 2018 Walking Festival weekend
Easy – a mainly level, comfortably paced shorter walk (up to about 3 miles) with no stiles.
Moderate – a longer, more challenging walk (up to about 7 miles), faster pace, with steps, steeper gradients and stiles.
Demanding - longer and more demanding than moderate, faster pace, requiring greater stamina; possibly more, steeper gradients. We would expect participants to be able to keep up with the pace set by the leader.
THE ‘SMALL PRINT’
- Walk duration times are a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
- Walk leaders are in charge at all times. Their decision on participation is final and they may need to change a route due to local conditions or to adapt to changing circumstances.
- We welcome people with assistance dogs, otherwise we have a ‘no dogs’ policy.
- Vulnerable people and U16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information about each walk is correct and we reserve the right to make changes to or cancel walks should unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
HELPING YOU GET THE MOST FROM YOUR WALKS
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your own personal safety. Our leaders will have risk assessed every walk and will make you aware of any potential hazards at the start of the walk.
- Please make sure you have the ability and stamina to complete a walk based on the information we have provided.
All bookings should be made through “Holidays and Cruises”, 32 Silver Street, Bradford on Avon BA15 1JX either in person or by phoning 01225 865725. There is a £1 admin. charge for all card payments. Booking fees are non-refundable.
Don’t miss out!! Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get all the latest news.
Newsletters come out in the first week of each month.
Click here for advice on how to get to Bradford on Avon, by public transport, cycle, car or even canal boat.
Unless otherwise stated, all walks start from the War Memorial, in Westbury Gardens by the Town Bridge BA15 1DE. The red dot on the map below shows its location.
2017 WALKING FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
Walk costs: £adult / £child. If no child cost is shown then the walk is not suitable for children
Walk duration times are only a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
Friday 1 September
Saturday 2 September
Sunday 3 September
Day 2 of the Outer Wheel Challenge - another exhilarating 13 mile walk....Distance: 13 m
Start Time: 09.00
Duration: 7 hours
Walk Cost: £5/£4 incl. transport
A super opportunity to visit Widbrook Woods, a great local green space now owned by the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust....Distance: 4 miles
Start Time: 14.30
Duration: 2.5 hours
Difficulty: Easy / Moderate
Walk Cost: £4 / £3 incl. charity donation to Wilts Wildlife Trust