The 2019 Walking Festival is on 6th, 7th & 8th September
This year’s theme is “Fruits of the Earth” with half of the 18 walks
visiting local food or drink producers or caterers.
The programme will be on this website at the end of May
TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE FROM MONDAY 1st JULY
2018 WALKING FESTIVAL
2018’s was a great Festival with 99% ticket sales and 10 of the 14 walks sold out.
If you missed out in 2018 don’t be disappointed in 2019.
Easy – a mainly level, comfortably paced shorter walk (up to about 3 or 4 miles) with no stiles.
Moderate – a longer, more challenging walk (up to about 7 miles), faster pace, with steps, steeper gradients and stiles.
Demanding - longer and more demanding than moderate, faster pace, requiring greater stamina; possibly more, steeper gradients. We would expect participants to be able to keep up with the pace set by the leader, it is a walk rather than an amble.
THE ‘SMALL PRINT’
- Walk duration times are a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
- Walk leaders are in charge at all times. Their decision on participation is final and they may need to change a route due to local conditions or to adapt to changing circumstances.
- We welcome people with assistance dogs, otherwise we have a ‘no dogs’ policy.
- Vulnerable people and U16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information about each walk is correct and we reserve the right to make changes to or cancel walks should unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
HELPING YOU GET THE MOST FROM YOUR WALKS
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your own personal safety. Our leaders will have risk assessed every walk and will make you aware of any potential hazards at the start of the walk.
- Please make sure you have the ability and stamina to complete a walk based on the information we have provided.
Festival walk tickets are available from Monday 1st July through “Holidays and Cruises” 32 Silver Street, BoA BA15 1JX either in person or by phoning 01225 865725.
A £1 administration fee is applied to all bookings, whether paying by card or cash. Booking costs are non-refundable.
During the 3 days of the Festival, tickets, if still available, must be purchased from the registration tent in Westbury House Gardens.
Don’t miss out!! Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get all the latest news.
Click here for advice on how to get to Bradford on Avon, by public transport, cycle, car or even canal boat.
Unless otherwise stated, all walks start from the War Memorial, in Westbury Gardens by the Town Bridge BA15 1DE. The red dot in the centre of the map below shows its location.
2019 WALKING FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
We are busy loading the programme onto the website; please check back at the end of May to see the finished article.
Walk duration times are only a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
Walk costs: £adult / £child. If no child cost is shown then the walk is not suitable for children