2016 WALKING FESTIVAL
Weekend of 2nd / 3rd / 4th September
Put the date in your diary so you don’t miss out.
Half of 2015’s walks were sold out, seven of those days before the Festival started.
We’ve left the 2015 programme on this page, below, to give you a flavour of the sort of walks we offer at the Festival
Other events in Bradford on Avon on the Walking Festival weekend
Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get all the latest news.
Newsletters come out in the first week of each month.
Easy – a mainly level, comfortably paced shorter walk (up to about 2 miles) with no stiles.
Moderate – a longer, more challenging walk (up to about 7 miles) with steps, steeper gradients and stiles.
Challenging - longer and more demanding than moderate, requiring greater stamina; possibly more, steeper gradients.
Terms and conditions
- Walk duration times are a guide and walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
- Walk leaders are in charge at all times. Their decision on participation is final and they may need to change a route due to local conditions or to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Except for walk FR2, the “Dog Friendly Walk”, only assistance dogs are allowed.
- Vulnerable people and U16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information about each walk is correct and we reserve the right to make changes to or cancel walks should unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
Helping you to get the most from your walks
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your own personal safety. Our leaders will have risk assessed every walk and will make you aware of any potential hazards at the start of the walk.
- Please make sure you have the ability and stamina to complete a walk based on the information we have provided.
All bookings should be made through “Holidays and Cruises For You”, 10 Silver Street, Bradford on Avon BA15 1JY (opposite “The Bear” pub) either in person or by phoning 01225 865725. There is a small admin. charge for all card payments. Booking fees are non-refundable.
Walk costs: £adult / £child
If no child cost is shown then the walk is not suitable for children.
All walks start from the War Memorial, in Westbury Gardens by the Town Bridge BA15 1DE.
Map below shows location – red dot in the centre.
2015 WALKING FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
Walk costs: £adult / £child. If no child cost is shown then the walk is not suitable for children.
Friday 4 September
Saturday 5 September
SOLD OUT! A 12 mile section of the Macmillan Way through the beautiful Somerset & Wiltshire countryside from Buckland Dinham back to BoA....Distance: 12m
Start Time: 09.30
Duration: 7.5 hours
Walk Cost: £12
A fairly leisurely, wild food foraging walk with expert Christopher Robbins, exploring local hedgerows and woods....Distance: 3-4 m
Start Time: 10.10 (bus leaves)
Duration: approx. 4 hours (inc. travel)
Walk Cost: £10 / £10
Our Blue Badge Guide will bring alive the fascinating history of our lovely town - its important buildings and colourful characters. Regular stops...Distance: 2m
Start Time: 14.00
Duration: 2 hours
Walk Cost: £5 / £3
Sunday 6 September
A 10 mile section of the Macmillan Way through superb Wiltshire countryside from Ford back to BoA taking in the delightful ByBrook Valley, passing through...Distance: 10m
Start Time: 09.30
Duration: 5.5 hours
Walk Cost: £12
A lovely way to spend Sunday afternoon - walking to Westwood for Sunday lunch at the New Inn, followed by a guided tour of the...Distance: 4m
Start Time: 12.00
Duration: 4 hours, incl. lunch & visit
Walk Cost: £2.50 / £1.50