weekend of 1, 2 & 3 September
We have a really varied programme of 15 walks lined up for you to enjoy.
This year’s overall theme will be “the environment” and we have chosen
to support Wiltshire Wildlife Trust as our main charity.
*** BOOKING FROM SATURDAY 1st JULY ***
Scroll down the page for full details
Other events in Bradford on Avon on the 2017 Walking Festival weekend
Wiltshire Wildlife Trust’s
Wild Connections Team
Saturday 2nd September 2 – 5 p.m.
at the West Barn
Flight-themed craft sessions suitable for all the family throughout the afternoon! Come and join us at the West Barn, Bradford on Avon between 2pm – 5pm for needle felting, bird box making and getting messy with DIY bird feeders. Activities are free of charge, no need to book – everyone is welcome! Donations welcome on the day.
‘Wild Life in Widbrook Woods’
– talk & quiz
Saturday 2nd September 7 – 9 p.m.
in the West Barn
The Wilts Wildlife Trust has recently been donated Widbrook Wood and this is a great opportunity to find out more about the project. Wiltshire Wildlife Trust Reserves Manager, Neil Pullin will tell us about Widbrook Wood Nature Reserve, its wildlife and how they work to protect it. Sandwiched between canal and river, Widbrook Wood is saturated in a rich variety of wildlife. Join us for an informative talk including how WWT acquired this land, what you can expect to see there, and how you can get involved in conserving this local reserve. After the talk we invite you to challenge yourself in our interactive wildlife quiz where you can get up close and personal to nature. Tickets £5, incl. glass of wine, available online from www.boaartsfestival.com/events
Easy – a mainly level, comfortably paced shorter walk (up to about 3 miles) with no stiles.
Moderate – a longer, more challenging walk (up to about 7 miles), faster pace, with steps, steeper gradients and stiles.
Demanding - longer and more demanding than moderate, faster pace, requiring greater stamina; possibly more, steeper gradients. We would expect participants to be able to keep up with the pace set by the leader.
THE ‘SMALL PRINT’
- Walk duration times are a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
- Walk leaders are in charge at all times. Their decision on participation is final and they may need to change a route due to local conditions or to adapt to changing circumstances.
- We welcome people with assistance dogs, otherwise we have a ‘no dogs’ policy.
- Vulnerable people and U16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information about each walk is correct and we reserve the right to make changes to or cancel walks should unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
HELPING YOU GET THE MOST FROM YOUR WALKS
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your own personal safety. Our leaders will have risk assessed every walk and will make you aware of any potential hazards at the start of the walk.
- Please make sure you have the ability and stamina to complete a walk based on the information we have provided.
All bookings should be made through “Holidays and Cruises”, 10 Silver Street, Bradford on Avon BA15 1JY (opposite “The Bear” pub) either in person or by phoning 01225 865725. There is a £1 admin. charge for all card payments. Booking fees are non-refundable.
Don’t miss out!! Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get all the latest news.
Newsletters come out in the first week of each month.
Click here for advice on how to get to Bradford on Avon, by public transport, cycle, car or even canal boat.
Unless otherwise stated, all walks start from the War Memorial, in Westbury Gardens by the Town Bridge BA15 1DE. The red dot on the map below shows its location.
2017 WALKING FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
Walk costs: £adult / £child. If no child cost is shown then the walk is not suitable for children
Walk duration times are only a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
Friday 1 September
Saturday 2 September
Sunday 3 September
A super opportunity to visit Widbrook Woods, a great local green space now owned by the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust....Distance: 4 miles
Start Time: 14.30
Duration: 2.5 hours
Difficulty: Easy / Moderate
Walk Cost: £4 / £3 incl. charity donation to Wilts Wildlife Trust