PLEASE RESERVE THE 2017 WALKING FESTIVAL DATES
weekend of 1, 2 & 3 September
Walk details will be on the website during May
2016 WALKING FESTIVAL
We’ve left the information on the website to give you a flavour of what our Walking Festivals offer.
Other events in Bradford on Avon on the 2016 Walking Festival weekend
Annual Flower Show
Sunday 4th September
2-4pm St Margaret’s Hall BA15 1DE
If you grow it, show it! Free to enter, free to visit.
This year’s Cycling Festival has been cancelled because of the Holt Road closure.
Easy – a mainly level, comfortably paced shorter walk (up to about 3 miles) with no stiles.
Moderate – a longer, more challenging walk (up to about 7 miles), faster pace, with steps, steeper gradients and stiles.
Demanding - longer and more demanding than moderate, faster pace, requiring greater stamina; possibly more, steeper gradients. We would expect participants to be able to keep up with the pace set by the leader.
Terms and conditions
- Walk duration times are a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
- Walk leaders are in charge at all times. Their decision on participation is final and they may need to change a route due to local conditions or to adapt to changing circumstances.
- We welcome people with assistance dogs. Otherwise we have a ‘no dogs’ policy.
- Vulnerable people and U16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information about each walk is correct and we reserve the right to make changes to or cancel walks should unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
Helping you to get the most from your walks
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your own personal safety. Our leaders will have risk assessed every walk and will make you aware of any potential hazards at the start of the walk.
- Please make sure you have the ability and stamina to complete a walk based on the information we have provided.
All bookings should be made through “Holidays and Cruises For You”, 10 Silver Street, Bradford on Avon BA15 1JY (opposite “The Bear” pub) either in person or by phoning 01225 865725. There is a £1 admin. charge for all card payments. Booking fees are non-refundable.
Don’t miss out!! Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get all the latest news.
Newsletters come out in the first week of each month.
Unless otherwise stated, all walks start from the War Memorial, in Westbury Gardens by the Town Bridge BA15 1DE. The red dot on the map below shows its location.
2016 WALKING FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
Walk costs: £adult / £child. If no child cost is shown then the walk is not suitable for children
Walk duration times are only a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised.
Friday 2 September
Saturday 3 September
A great linear walk through lovely Somerset and Wiltshire countryside and alongside the K&A Canal, including a guided visit to the pumping station at...Distance: 11m
Start Time: 09.30
Duration: 7 hours
Walk Cost: £10 / £8 incl. transport & charity donation
Bradford on Avon is an old industrial town with a proud working history; this guided walk will highlight the key industries and visit some of...Distance: 2m
Start Time: 14.00
Duration: 2 hours
Difficulty: Easy / moderate
Walk Cost: £4 / £3 incl. charity donation
Sunday 4 September
Work up an appetite with an energetic walk around the lanes and fields N of the town, finishing up at The Dog and Fox for...Distance: 5 miles
Start Time: 10.30
Duration: 5 hours
Walk Cost: £4 / £3 not incl. lunch
Enjoy a leisurely boat trip on the K&A Canal and return walk to BoA - ideal for families....Distance: 1.5 miles
Start Time: 13.45 for 14.00 start
Duration: 2 hours, incl. boat trip
Walk Cost: £6 / £3 incl. boat fare